An elegant vintage sapphire and pearl flower bar brooch featuring three oval baroque half pearls spaced around a round mixed cut sapphire which is in a milled grain edge collar mount. These form the main flower to a curved yellow gold branch with, to one side, a further sapphire. The whole flower sprig sits on a fine gold bar some 2.5 inches long. One edge of the bar is marked with the markers' mark, "CS*FS" being the mark of Cornelius Desormeaux Saunders & James Francis Hollings (Frank) Shepherd whose workshop was active in London from the 1885 to 1929. The six-pointed star between the two makers' initials was used between 1893-1929.